Thursday, November 17, 2011

Good news part 2. Finally!

I finally feel like I can announce the secret I've been keeping. Okay, it's not really much of a secret any more. Most people I know found out one way or another. We were so excited we had a hard time keeping our mouths shut and told too many people who didn't know it was supposed to be kept kind of quiet. Plus, I already announced it on facebook awhile back, I just haven't had the time to update this too.
So, here it is. for the past 3 months we have been working on buying our first house! We were finally able to close on it last Tuesday the 8th! This process had been the biggest mess, and definitely didn't go how we expected. I know, I know, everyone who has purchased a house is going to pipe up and say that it never goes how you expect. We knew it wouldn't be fast or easy, but seriously, it was ridiculous. When even the loan officer says he can't remember the last time there were so many things to go wrong with good loan candidates, then you know it's bad. Most home loan companies have a 30 day to close goal. Obviously we didn't achieve that goal. But no matter, all is well now. I finally have my house. Now I just have to make it into a home.
It's the cutest house ever. We are in love with it. It has six bedrooms, and three bathrooms. Don't worry, they are not all for us. There is an apartment in the basement. They get two of the bedrooms and one bathroom. I think 4 bed 2 bath is pretty perfect for us right now. Everything about this house is perfect for us. It has a huge  fenced back yard with a good sized garden and fire pit. Willis loves it! A dual dog run with 2 dog houses, which is pretty cool. a big shed. A nice deep garage that could fit 4 cars and Aaron's motor cycle if we wanted. A nice living room upstairs, and a TV room downstairs that we are going to turn into a cool theater room eventually. The kitchen has a ton of cupboards, a pantry, and an island. So much more space for storing all my cooking things than I had before. We have a cold storage room, which will be nice for stalking up on all the good coupon deals. The Master bedroom has a walk in closet with more storage than I know what to do with! Okay, I know what I want to do with it, but I can't afford that many pairs of shoes :)  We have a little laundry room, which is awesome cause our washer and dryer were in the kitchen before, and that wasn't fun. All the rooms are painted warm neutral colors, which is nice. They do need a little touch up cause the people who lived there before didn't know what they were doing, but they left the extra paint so we won't have to try and play the matching game. It's so perfect. It has everything that was on our little check list when we were looking at homes. We had to look for a year before we found this one. It's not one that would have been in our budget before, but it is now since we both got big raises with our new jobs. We feel so blessed for that, and know this is all working out how it is supposed to, and that this is where we are supposed to be in our lives right now.
We are still working on moving in. It's been hard since we closed on the day that my grandma died, so we had a busy week already with that. It didn't help that the people who owned it before apparently didn't know how to clean. The place was really dirty at first. It's taken a long time to get it clean. Then this week Aaron got a cold, and ya know, what's mine is yours, so he shared it with me. He's at the worst part right now, and I'm just starting to get it. Not to mention that we both work full time, if not more, so that takes up the majority of our time. (Oh wait, I guess that is mentioning it. haha) One day we will be moved in. I hope. We are to the point of sleeping there, so that's good. We have a lot of stuff though. It's kind of ridiculous. Haha We have already taken a ton to the DI and have a lot more to sort through.
I'll post pictures when I can.

L.O.V.E.S

2 comments:

Becca said...

I'm so excited for you and I can't wait to see the inside!!! Just from looking at the outside I already love it hehe good luck with moving in, let me know if I can help because I'm usually just at home so I can definitely come by sometime.

Chelise said...

Hooray!!! It is a way cute house and we r glad things finally worked out. It will be so fun for you to decorate especially for the holidays! Congrats!