Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Give me flowers and presents day

I'm not really a fan of the idea of Valentine's Day. That is only needing to be romantic when the calendar tells you so. I do think it is a good excuse to dote on your sweetheart a little more than usual. I also like that (most) everyone is a little more cheery on this day. This year I got an idea from my good friend Becca. She did 14 days of Valentine's for her husband. I didn't know about this idea till it was the 2nd of February. A little to late to do the 14 days. I did end up giving Aaron a week of Valentine's though. I had a lot of fun with it. I wish I could have done the full 14 days, cause I had a lot more ideas I wanted to use. Maybe next year. Of course I didn't take any pictures, as per ush. I'll just tell you what I did for him. It's very cheesy, and kinda funny. Don't laugh at me too much. I started on the 7th, so it's actually 8 days, but that's okay. He's worth the extra day :)

Day one:

Aaron's favorite donuts with a note saying "'Donut' forget how much I love you!" Awwwww

Day two:

A box of those Chewy Quaker granola bars, the chocolate dipped ones. Aaron is always asking to get them, but I usually forget. A note on them saying "I'm no 'dip', if I had to 'chews' again I'd still 'chews' you"

Day three:

His favorite soda, blue Mountain Dew, with a new wrapper on it that said "Love potion number 9" Really looked like potion with the blue color haha. Also a note that said "I really 'Dew' love you"

Day four:

A red 2012 Camero Hot Wheels car with a note that said "You're hot, and I Wheelie love you". He's always saying he wants a Camero. Wish granted. ;)

Day five:

A pack of gum with a couple notes. I couldn't decide which one I liked best, so I used both. :) "We were 'mint' to be together" and "Thanks for 'sticking' with me"

Day six:

A bag of Juju fish (he LOVES them) with a note "I'm offishially asking you to be my Valentine" He said yes, in case you had your doubts. I think he knew he wouldn't get any of the fish if he didn't ;)

Day seven:

I left a Nerf gun and a note saying "'Nerfer' forget, I love you." on the outside and on the inside it said "Hi Husband, 2 things: 1- this is your gun 2- you are under attack starting now. With love, Wife." on the door step, rang the door bell, and hid. As you can guess, we then had an awesome Nerf gun war. I'm pretty sure our new neighbors think we are crazy now, but that's okay, cause we mostly are.

That brings us to today. V-Day:

I'm going to leave you in suspense here, cause I'd rather just do another post for all of our Valentines stuff.....



To be continued.

Lots of love for love day!

1 comment:

Chelise said...

Super cute idea! Happy V-Day!